Available from AtariAge
Atari Driving Controller
Now you can enjoy Asteroids with the 2600 driving controllers, giving you more precise (and analog) control over your ship's turning motion. Here are the changes from the original Atari version byThomas Jentzsch:
- You can use a joystick (left port) or driving controller (right port)
- Pseudo "vector graphics" similar to the arcade version
- Reserve ships are displayed at the top of the screen
- The old reserve ships number now shows the current player number
- Last, but not least, Thomas made the game a little bit more challenging.